WASHINGTON – Two credit union executives were named yesterday to the 25-member Consumer Advisory Board for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which will provide advice to the new agencyon a consumer financial issues and emerging market trends.
They are: Bill Bynum, president of Hope Enterprise Corp., of Jackson, Miss., and its Hope Community CU affiliate, who was named vice president of the advisory panel; and Laura Castro de Cortes, vice president of alternative financial services for Centris FCU, in Omaha, Neb.
The consumer bureau also announced the names of the 15 members of its new Credit Union Advisory Council. They are:
• Bernard Balsis, IEG FCU, Hawaii;
• Rose Bartolomucci, Towpath CU, Ohio;
• Gary Bell, Cooperative FCU, California;
• John Buckley, Gerber FCU, Michigan;
• Carla Decker, District Government Employees FCU, Washington, D.C.;
• Ron Ehrenreich, Syracuse Cooperative FCU, New York;
• Kevin Foster-Keddie, Washington State Employees CU, Washington;
• Mitchell Klein, Police and Firemen FCU, Pennsylvania;
• Lily Lo, Northeast Community FCU, California;
• Maria Martinez, Border FCU, Texas;
• Marcus Schaefer, Truliant FCU, North Carolina;
• Camille Shillenn, Unified People's CU, Wyoming;
• Helen Godfrey Smith, Shreveport FCU, Louisiana;
• Gregg Stockdale, 1st Valley CU, California; and
• David Wright, Services Center FCU, South Dakota.