SPOKANE, Wash. – Spokane Teachers CU has broken ground on a new green branch in Moran Prairie, which will be the $1.6-billion credit union’s 16th branch.
The green branch, scheduled for completion by year-end, will feature:
* Solar panels
* Heat-reflecting surface materials on the roof and parking lot
* Most building materials mined or produced within 500 miles of the construction site
* Recycling of nearly all construction debris
* Highly energy efficient lights and heating system
* Interior construction materials and furnishings that are certified low in volatile organic compounds that can contribute to health problems
* Lockers and a shower for employees who walk or bike to work
* Bike rack
* Located on an STA bus route
* No-smoking facility, even in the parking lot
The 4,096-square-foot branch was designed by Nystrom+Olson Architecture; Walker Construction is the general contractor.