ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Pentagon FCU yesterday rolled out a new card it calls a “Defender” American Express rewards card restricted to active or retired U.S. military personnel.
The Defender card features:
* 1.5% cash back on eligible spending
* 6.99% APR introductory purchase rate for the first 60 months
* no fees or penalty pricing
* cash back is credited automatically as a statement credit to the account each month
* no tiers, caps or limits to the amount of cash cardholders can earn
Pentagon FCU said the card is specially designed for military members and will be made available to members of certain affinity groups that belong to its Membership Charter.
The $15-billion credit union said it offers a variety of AmEx and Visa cards.