National Credit Union Foundation names trio of 2020 Wegner honorees
The National Credit Union Foundation has announced the 2020 winners of the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards for Outstanding Individual Achievement.
The award, generally considered as the highest honor within the credit union movement, are handed out each winter in Washington in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association’s Governmental Affairs Conference.
The 2020 Wegner honorees are:
- John Fiore, Director, Andigo Credit Union and Director Emeritus, Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union in Illinois
- Teresa Freeborn, President and Chief Executive of Xceed Financial Credit Union in California
- Maurice R. Smith, CEO of Local Government Federal Credit Union in North Carolina.
All three will be honored during a gala event at the National Credit Union Foundation’s annual dinner at the Marriott Marquis in Washington on Feb. 24, 2020.
Credit Union Journal’s coverage of the 2019 winners can be found here:
- Lending outside the box (Nusenda Credit Union Foundation)
- How this credit union serves everyone at the U.S.-Mexico border (Crystal Long of GECU)
- Promoting diversity has been key to this executive’s career (Diana Dykstra of the California and Nevada CU Leagues)