WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.-Recent merger activity among CUs includes:
* The $1.6-billion Georgia's Own CU, Atlanta, has absorbed the $14-million Georgia State University FCU and the $4-million Chevron Southern FCU.
* The $1.4-billion Community First CU, Appleton, Wis., has absorbed the $2-million Manitowoc Employees CU. * The $600-million San Mateo CU has absorbed $13-million Palo Alto Community FCU.
* The $365-million First City FCU, Los Angeles, and the $92-million Focus One Community FCU, Monrovia, Calif., have merged.
* The $2.8-billion DFCU, Dearborn, Mich., has absorbed the one-time $200-million MidWest Financial CU and the one-time $320-million Capital Community FCU, Lansing.
* The $705-million Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif., has absorbed the $12-million Santa Fe Springs City Employees CU, Santa Fe Springs, Calif.
For more, visit www.cujournal.com.