BALTIMORE, Md.-Horsetail Technology and Credit Union Journal have partnered to make an extraordinary offer that will result in one credit union receiving a $100,000 Extreme Network Makeover.
Horsetail Technologies, a provider of managed services, solution integration and cloud management, and the Journal are formally inviting CUs to submit an application explaining why they are in need of a Network Makeover.
The winner will receive hardware from Dell, security devices from Sonicwall, Cloud Services by Ongoing Operations and Cloudworks, electronic communication by Digital Mailer, encryption by Zix, and more. In addition, proactive service delivery will be provided by Horsetail Technology and will include NCUA compliance management with AiresLive. The value of the software, hardware and consulting services is more than $100,000.
How To Enter
Credit unions will be asked to provide a description of their current network, growth goals and network needs. The panel of partners involved in the project will collectively decide the credit union of most need based on responses to the questionnaires.
Throughout the process Credit Union Journal will chronicle the makeover and the resulting transformation.
"In this era of growth, credit unions need to be prepared to support and influx of members by offering competitive services all while maintaining a secure and complaint network," said Chris Sachse, EVP with Horsetail Technology. "This can be difficult given the complexity of implementing and supporting electronic solutions and is exacerbated by the extreme cost."
As part of the contest, a website has been developed that will applicants to submit a completed questionnaire that discusses why they are in most need of a network makeover. Because there will be only one grand prize winner, Horsetail Technology has developed and integrated many other features and benefits into the website and promotion. The site can be found at http://Horsetail100k.com.
Best Practices Featured
Applicants of the contest will be able to peruse the website and explore some of the Best Practices that are featured. There will be partner and vendor information as well as educational events, news and other prizes such as iPad's, coupons, products, and more.
Deadline for entries is July 31. The winner will be announced Aug. 3. Partners in the Extreme Makeover include:
* Horsetail Technologies: Founder of the Network Makeover promotion and the leader of the community of the best practices. Horsetail was founded to serve highly regulated industries like credit unions and develop strategies and solutions for those credit unions to allow IT to work for them.
* Credit Union Journal, the country's premier newsweekly serving credit unions.
* Dell, which provides hardware and software to the winning credit union.
* N-Able, which provides monitoring management and end-point security.
* Sonicwall, which provides network security and backup devices.
* DigitalMailer, which provides e-mail marketing, mobile messaging, online documents and online applications and enrollment.
* Ongoing Operations, which provides hosted and cloud services including email, MS Office and disaster recovery.
* Zix Corporation, which will provide email encryption
More partners will be announced in the coming weeks.