SAN DIEGO-Famed business guru and author Tom Peters offered these other insights to credit unions recently:
* Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is the "best" management book ever. "Give a copy to every executive in your organization."
* A CEO's legacy is promotions: "What really matters is the people CEOs develop who go on to achieve stellar accomplishments."
* Women are better leaders because they are less interested in power and more interested in getting things done. Women already make most of the purchasing decisions, and by 2020 Peters predicts women will hold most of the management positions.
* TGR, or Things Gone Right, is about the little touches that mean big things for any business. To this day Peters remembers a Kingfisher Air flight attendant in India offering to clean his eyeglasses as the plane landed.
* The percentage of companies that say they provide superior service: 80%. The percentage of customers who say they receive superior service: 8%.
* WTTMSW. Whoever Tries The Most Stuff Wins. Wayne Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." According to Peters, as people get older they do not regret their mistakes, they regret the things they did not try.