SAN ANSELMO, Calif.-The nation's banks cited decreased interchange income as the reason for new debit card fees, but new analysis suggests banks could generate nearly double the potentially $875 million in monthly debit card fees just by lowering their deposit rates by as little as 0.01%.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics