LOMBARD, Ill.-To make up for a 73% loss in interchange revenue, a $750-million CU will either have to cut 18 employees, lower deposit rates by 16 basis points, impose a $6.08 monthly fee on checking balances below $1,000, or add a monthly $3.65 debit card fee.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics