QUEBEC, Canada-Credit unions came to the United States from French-speaking Canada (see related story, page 26). In Canada, the first "caisse populaire" was created in Lévis, Quebec, in December 1900 by Alphonse Desjardins. Outside Quebec, Ottawa's Civil Service Savings and Loan Society ...
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics