WASHINGTON – Republican senators on Friday filed a bill that would block the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from enforcing or implementing a host of new mortgage and credit card regulations until a new director is confirmed by the Senate – intensifying the chess game over the fledgling consumer agency.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics