LANSING, Mich. – Two area credit unions say they each lost more than $1 million after they were misled into investing in a scheme to provide loans to the “life settlement” market, the secondary market for loans collateralized by life insurance policies.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics