RESTON, Va. – In one of the biggest derivatives losses ever, student loan giant Sallie Mae said it may have lost more than $1 billion betting its own stock would continue rising last summer after it agreed to be sold in a $25 billion takeover.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics