SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Federal prosecutors told a jury yesterday that Carol Aranjo, the former president of D. Edward Wells FCU, transferred almost $180,000 from member accounts to cover negative balances in her and family members’ accounts as NCUA examiners were questioning the now-defunct community development credit union’s bookkeeping.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics