BILLINGS, Mont. – State regulators said last week the merger of Summit CU into Avanta FCU was precipitated by Summit’s charge-off of $2.7 million worth of indirect car loans, part of a $3.1 million loss the smaller credit union reported for the first three quarters of the year.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics