ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Increasing loan losses forced credit unions to move billions of dollars of new funds to reserves in the third quarter and pushed the key profitability ratio, return-on-assets, down to just 0.12% for the quarter, the lowest in decades, NCUA reported this morning.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics