WASHINGTON – NCUA Chairman Michael Fryzel called on the Treasury Department yesterday to adhere to the original intent of the $700 billion bailout plan, the purchase of distressed mortgage assets from banks and credit unions, and not abandon the assets purchase plan altogether, as Treasury proposed on Wednesday.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics