WASHINGTON – Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, who spurred Congress to approve the purchase of up to $700 billion in distressed mortgage assets last month, said yesterday Treasury has instead shifted its focus to assisting non-bank financial institutions and will not buy mortgage assets after all.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics