WASHINGTON – The corporate credit unions, which are facing growing losses on their mortgage backed securities, are asking regulators to amend the rules for fair value accounting to take into consideration the unprecedented devaluation of the mortgage markets, in order to ease huge losses the corporates’ books.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics