WASHINGTON – The Treasury Department, which took over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac last month, is directing the two secondary mortgage market giants to start buying $40 billion a month of distressed mortgage securities in order to recreate the failing market.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics