WASHINGTON – Congress passed legislation Tuesday to protect mortgage borrowers from having to pay taxes on debt forgiven in a bankruptcy or restructuring, which is expected to prompt an increase in bankruptcy filings among troubled homeowners.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics