In a move that will ripple through the credit union movement, NCUA on Friday announced it has begun negotiations with three Colorado credit unions to buy the healthy assets of Norlarco CU, the once-$340 million institution that failed because of loans made to far-flung real estate developments in southwest Florida.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics