RESTON, Va. – Student loan giant Sallie Mae yesterday said the effects of the would-be takeover of the company caused a third quarter loss of $344 million, or 85 cents a share, compared to a profit of $263 million, or 60 cents a share, for the same period last year.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics