RESTON, Va. – Shares in Sallie Mae continued to trade around $48 Friday, a 20% discount from the $60-a-share offered by a group of hedge funds and banks, as arbitragers speculate that pending government cuts in student loan subsidies will kill the $25 billion deal.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics