RESTON, Va. – Shareholders of student loan giant Sallie Mae overwhelmingly approved the $25 billion takeover of the company by a group of private equity firms and banks, but investor doubts continue on whether the deal will be consummated amid the growing crisis in the debt markets.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics