WASHINGTON – In an initiative modeled after the fledgling Individual Development Accounts, the non-partisan Aspen Institute proposed a child savings account yesterday with which the federal government would provide a $500 certificate to participating newborns that would provide long-term savings incentives and help spur the national savings rate.
- Online access to premium credit union content
- Daily and weekly e-newsletters with top headlines
- Learn why thousands of credit union professionals rely on Credit Union Journal
- Access to our Credit Union Journal mobile app
- Special reports providing the latest industry information
- High-level perspective and insights on credit union strategies and tactics